The bottom row of the center part of the quilt has been quilted. I reversed the triangles for the left side border when I sewed them together. Triangle 1 is at the bottom of the quilt and triangle 13 is at the top. Remember, click on the picture to enlarge.
Blocks M8, 9 and 10 – Most of the blocks in this quilt are made with very small pieces. Then Jane throws in a 9-patch block which doesn’t seem to fit in with the rest of the blocks. It just looks bigger than the other blocks even though it is the same size. I used a Baptist fan design instead of stitching in the ditch, more interesting quilting.
The narrow border between the triangle border and the center of the quilt is supposed to be 1/4″ wide. I didn’t like that size so I made my narrow border 1/2″ which is the same width as the sashing between the quilt blocks.
153 yards of thread used so far.
Half of the Block B’s for the Cherry Blossom quilt have been completed. I couldn’t wait to see what they looked like so I pinned 3 A’s and 3 B’s on the display wall. The yellow 9 patches don’t show very well, but I think this will be an interesting quilt anyway.