I’ve enjoyed appliqueing these charity blocks.
Triangle 4. The background fabric is a light blue fossil fern fabric. I also did Triangle 3 on the same fat quarter. Even though triangles 3 and 4 normally would be next to each other, since the guild is making a full size bed quilt, we are making additional blocks. My blocks 3 and 4 will not be next to each other in the finished quilt.
And Triangle 3. This is the disappointment block. I decided I was going to try some broderie perse. I don’t know if I did it the right way, I made it the shape of the flower that was supposed to have been EPP’d. I used mom’s older Asian fabrics and they just aren’t as bright and colorful as the newer Asian fabrics. Oh well, it’s finished.
I showed you triangle 16 in this post.
The 4 blocks are finished and I’ll return them to the charity committee during guild Monday evening.
I’m looking forward to starting my Sweet Surrender triangles, but before I start them, I have another applique project I want to make first, just for fun. I’ll show you how far I get with that project next week.
I’m pleased with the quilting progress on my Jane Stickle quilt. So far I’ve been able to quilt a row a week. I don’t know if I’ll be able to keep it up but I’m going to try. I would really like to have her finished to take along to the Jane Stickle retreat in April.
Last week I showed you the Stars and Sprigs quilt my guild made and donated to the Michiana Mennonite Relief Sale. The sale was held yesterday and she brought $2600. The photo used in the post was taken by Marie Troyer. Thanks Marie for sending me the photo and my apologies for not giving you the credit.