Several weeks ago, I pulled out the resale shop crib quilt to work on in the evenings. I finished the applique, then I removed the green embroidery and re-embroidered the alphabet with a lighter green color. It didn’t make any difference, it still looks teale colored. I also embroidered the pink outline.
Earlier I had sprayed water on a section to see if the ink disappeared, it didn’t. So this is an old top that must have been printed 30 plus years ago. Back then they used permanent ink. Why? I don’t know but they did. Anyway, I think the blue ink makes the light green embroidery thread look more teal and it doesn’t match the green applique ribbon.
I asked DIL #2 what she thought. The greens didn’t bother her, but the ink did. Funny how we all notice different things. I had planned to add a border on the outside but she suggested just leaving it like it is, so I did. This winter I will attempt quilting it on my sewing machine.
Then I pulled out the pink hexies I started months ago and I’m hand sewing more of them. They will end up in a crib quilt too. People keep on having babies and I like having crib quilts ready to go for gifts.
Neither of these crib quilts will be WOW! quilts, but they will be loved and used. Nothing is better than that.