Over this past fall I’ve been accumulating charity projects to be worked on. I decided it is time to complete them and move them out.
The first project was this small wallhanging, designed and appliqued by Frances Stauffer. Frances was a very prolific designer in our community. She died a few years ago, but left many, many small wallhangings to be quilted and then auctioned at the Michiana Mennonite Relief Sale.
Someone had done some preliminary outline quilting on this little quilt, but it needed more stitches. I added the clam shells in the sky and quilted my version of echo quilting in the grass and pond. I’ve never done echo quilting before, and my echo lines aren’t as close as they should be, but for a first time, I think it is pretty good. They hadn’t quilted at all in the border so a cable was quilted there then I finished her with brown binding.
I used black thread for the quilting on the border and it was hard for me to see on the dark green. I think my days of quilting with black thread on dark fabrics are finished.
Charity project #1 is a complete and onto project 2.
I’m linking up with –