We had some rainy days, so I worked on BOM projects to get caught up for June.
First is the Buck A Block. I took it apart one evening, so it was ready to be resewn. Six of the baskets have a brown square at the top. One basket is going to have to be set into the brown setting triangles. I don’t like it that way, but sometimes that’s the way it goes. Anyway, here is what I’ve completed so far. I’m halfway done!
Then I sewed the last 2 blocks for the Pumpkinvine BOM. I had selected the fabrics I want to use earlier so I could quickly cut them out and sew them.
I have the 12 blocks arranged on the floor. The next rainy day, I’ll cut the sashing fabric for the center.
Just the Country Thread block was left, or I should really say blocks: four blocks, one 16″ and three 8″. I sewed the 16″ block. (It has 4 neutral colored filler blocks on the one side.) I cut the pieces for the three 8″ blocks and sewed them the next day.
I really like these stars. Wouldn’t a quilt with several of the large stars look beautiful? Maybe someday.
The milk truck comes every other day and picks up our milk.
He pulls up beside the milk house . . .
And opens the back of the tanker.
The milkman pulls out the hose and places it through the hose port into the milk house. The black electric cord powers the pump which pumps the milk out of the tank.
The milk travels through the pipeline into the bulk tank.
See the hook up on the left bottom of the tank? This hooks up to the hose.
You turn the lever straight with the hose and the milk pours into the hose. After the milk is all out of the tank, the milkman hoses the tank out and hooks up the tank washer.
There is a metal wand that inserts into the tank. This sprays high pressure soapy water to every inch of the inside of the tank, then repeats with an acid rinse.
We’ve started the evening milking now and the tank has started to fill again with milk. The stirrer blends the milk as it comes into the tank so it is evenly cooled. The milk must be cooled to 38* within 1 hour of completion of milking.
These are the alternate blocks and setting triangles for the Buck A Block project.
I’ve sewn part of the blocks together. When I have June’s block completed, I’ll be half-finished with this project.
I think I’ll take this apart and redo it. I don’t like the brown squares running into the setting triangles. If I don’t rework this project, I just won’t be satisfied. I’ll show you the difference when I’ve completed the change.
and this is what the fabric looks like after I’ve fussy cut the diamonds.
There might be more stars coming from this fabric. I’m sewing the stars along with Fussy Cut Friday at the Temecula Quilt Company. I don’t know why the heading doesn’t appear on some of my Fussy Friday posts, I guess that is just one of the mysteries of life.